Custom Reports and Dashboards : Current ERP systems come loaded with pre-written reports, but the list never covers all user needs. These systems all come with their preferred report that is advertised for the end user.
Report writing needs fall into the following categories:
- Forms such as invoices, order acknowledgments, purchase orders, receivables statements, payable checks, etc.
- Managed reports that are produced on a recurring basis
- Ad hoc reports that are usually one-time, “I need this information now” reports
- Analytical reports that are views of data that help analyze “what is happening” for managerial accounting.
- Executive dashboards that provide the executives with a snapshot of business performance against the company’s key performance indicators (KPIs) Learn more
Synergy’s Approach to ERP Reports
The development of reports and forms is a significant task that cannot be taken lightly. Often “access to information” is a key driver of the project.
During the Business Process Improvement (BPI) phase of the project, the project team should be sure to document forms and reports used in the business process. In addition, the team should gather key performance indicators used to manage the business.
In the development of the future state, the team will define the reporting strategy. The strategy will document the following:
- Key performance metrics
- Transactions and dimensions
- Information needs
- Analysis needs
In the education phase the team will understand the many types of reporting tools:
- Transaction grid queries
- Published reports
- Ad hoc reports
The reporting strategy will define how all these reporting tools are used to “improve access to information”. So contact us